Thursday, June 11, 2009

SYTYCD Season 5 - 2 of 20 sent home

Well, unlike last night's finale of the Real World/Road Rules Challenge, I was fine with the results of tonight's So You Think You Can Dance.
The night started off well for me when not only my four favorite dance teams were declared safe, but the three that I thought deserved to be in the bottom 3 were.
Male solos:
Vitolio - his solo was amazing. I don't know what crack Nigel and the judges were smoking when they said it wasn't good. Glad he got to stay.
Jonathan - Half the people on the dance floor at Neighbors could do better than he did during his solo. He was lucky.
Tony - dude, channeling ReRun from "What's Happening", and doing it poorly isn't going to save your ass on this show. The judges totally got it right for once sending his ass home, but I am super surprised that they actually did it. Actually I'm surprised that Tony and Paris were even in the bottom 3 considering the tween vote block that this guy had. Anyway good riddance.

Female solos:
Asuka - Meh, just okay. Generally I find the ballroom solo stuff to be goofy so it's hard for me to be objective, but her solo routine was just okay. She's got a lot of personality though.
Karla - Girl, that was awful. Seriously, bad. Nigel was focused on your boobs and cute butt too much when he said it was a good solo.
Paris - I totally disagree that she had a worse solo than Karla but in the end I'm not that sad that she's gone. She's the local King county girl though, so that kind of sucks.

All in all a very satisfying results show. Can't wait for next week.

No comments: