Tuesday, June 2, 2009

For the love of Carl Fredricksen

A lot has already been said about the latest effort from Pixar that opened this past weekend. So I'm not going to bore you with a long review of "Up". I'll just express my opinion in under 100 words -
I LOVED this movie. Hands down my favorite Pixar film, topping WALL-E and even the "Toy Stories". I loved the story, the characters, the animation. Even the dogs which were the weakest link in the computer animation chain, were so endearing that they didn't bother me at all. The first 15 minutes of the movie were so poignant and perfect that I could have happily left the theater right then and been satisfied. I love old men, Ed Asner especially, so to have a perfect little cartoon version of one of my favorite things? Excellent.
Go. See. This. Film.

No comments: