Sunday, June 14, 2009

Never Can Say Goodbye...

Last night was the last episode to be aired of the phenomenal show Pushing Daisies. I am sad about this show's cancellation more than I thought possible. I've ranted about how much ABC sucks as a network ad nauseum so I won't go into it again, but suffice to say that I'm pissed off that amazing shows like "Daisies" meet an early end while horrendous programs like Super Nanny keep getting renewed.
Anyway, due to some unfortunate cable provider issues, my DVR didn't actually record last night's "Daisies" finale, but I will be catching it online and of course buying the second season on DVD when it comes out later this year. Evidently I missed awesome scenes like ones involving Olive and Emerson wearing matching orange and chartreuse tracksuits(!), so I have that to look forward to.

Pushing Daisies was the most magical, well-written, technicolor joyous dreamsicle of a show ever to entertain a television audience. I'll miss Kristin Chenoweth's Olive and Chi McBride's Emerson the most out of all of the delightful characters. But I also loved the sister characters of Lily and Vivian and gorgeous Lee Pace's Ned.

Here I'll end this post with a few more of my favorite scenes. Man, I'm getting misty just thinking about the fact that this is over!

No comments: