Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Summer TV June Report Card - Part 2

Oh, the remaining shows that premiered in the month of June did not fair well with me at all.

NYC Prep (Bravo)
It's like Gossip Girl, but instead of twentysomething actors playing intriguing teenagers, it's actual teens who are the brattiest, assiest, most frustrating people I've seen on reality tv in some time. I could barely get through the first ep because I wanted to strangle so many of these kids. But. I might give it another chance. I haven't deleted the Tivo season pass yet.

Hawthorne (TNT)
HATED THIS. Not even gorgeous and lovely Michael Vartan could save this turd. Jada Pinkett-Smith is so annoying and over-acty. Just no.

The Philanthropist (NBC)
HATED IT. Not even my love for Jesse L. Martin and Michael K. Williams (Omar from "The Wire") could save this. Neve Campbell already grates, but to then have her character be such a pill really killed any possibility this show had.

Hung (HBO)
The one bright spot in the latter part of June was the premier of Hung this past Sunday. This show is well done and much funnier than I expected. Paired with "True Blood", HBO has a winning Sunday night line-up.

No comments: