Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Summer TV July/Aug - "How could I forget?" edition

Although I posted about the summer tv I'm looking forward to this month and next, I regrettably left out a couple of gems. I'm rectifying that now.

First up, is a new Bravo reality show that premieres tonight called Miami Social. It's supposed to be like "The Hills" for grownups. The reasons I'm already a little bit in love with this show?
  1. The location - as much as I HATED living in Miami for 6 years because of the rude people, the city and surrounding communities are really beautiful and seeing my old stomping grounds on tv makes me nostalgic. Additionally, because of the aforementioned rude people, it's a great place for a reality show. Assholes are entertaining!
  2. HARDY! Omigawd, how I loved, then hated, then loved, then pitied, then hated Hardy on the second season of Big Brother. But seriously, any and every person from BB2 (best season ever!) will always have a special place in my heart. And now I guess Hardy's become like the social mayor of Miami or something? I don't know how that happened but I'm intrigued.
  3. Did I mention that it's supposed to be like "The Hills"? Can't wait. I wonder who will be the toolish "Spencer Pratt" of the group? Additionally another reality show vet is part of the group of 7 friends profiled on the show; Katrina from the first season of "The Apprentice". And I love how Bravo already has the ominous "season 1" tag on their website for the show. Already filming a second season are we Bravo?
In August, besides Project Runway, the other show that I'm looking forward to is the next season of the BBC show Skins. I totally got hooked on this last season. Love me some Sid. Can't wait to see how Tony fares...

No comments: