Tuesday, March 24, 2009

For the love of Eddie Cibrian

First, I'm not really a gossip hound, so this post isn't going to be about Cibrian's supposed affair with Leann Rimes. Even if Leann is strutting around with her gay husband and trying to prove that "everything's fine!"
Anyway this post is going to be filled with all of my gushy, cheesy, lovey feelings for an actor who I think is one of the most talented and underrated and of course hot things around.

Now Eddie has somewhat of a reputation of being a "show killer". Much like his female counterpart Paula Marshall, Cibrian has been on A LOT of television shows that have failed miserably or spectacularly, however you want to look at it. Here's just a small list of some of the shows Eddie's graced that then died: Vanished, Invasion, Tilt, Baywatch Nights, and most recently Dirty Sexy Money and The Starter Wife. Not to mention the times he does short stints on shows like Ugly Betty and Samantha Who? that end up going nowhere. Only rarely is there an occurrence like Third Watch which actually had phenomenal ratings while Eddie was the star and tanked after he left.
My love for Eddie Cibrian is kind of ridiculous. I will go out of my way to watch anything he's in. Stupid shows about professional poker players? Check. One-off episodes of shows I would never normally watch like Criminal Minds? Check. Horrific pilot episodes of shows that no one in their right mind is going to greenlight like Football Wives and The Street Lawyer? Check and check. Even super cheesy Lifetime movies like the one that he starred in with the above mentioned Rimes that premiered this past weekend called "Northern Lights" - I am thoroughly on board.
But seriously, he's done some quality work like Invasion that was cancelled too soon by a lame network that is no stranger to killing shows itself. Cibrian is a decent actor, and people in the industry must recognize this because they keep giving him work. But I wish he'd do something that'd make him a huge star.
Then again maybe I don't want more people to know about his talent. Or the fact that he is totally getting hotter with age. Maybe I want to keep that part to myself. And can we talk about his dimples for a moment? Sigh...
And his abs? Or how about his ass? There's a scene from one of my favorite movies, "Living Out Loud", where Holly Hunter's character orders a massage that comes with "full release benefits". Eddie plays the masseuse and at one point gets naked and basically massages Holly Hunter with his ass. It's the stuff of wet dreams people!
So I'll just go along loving Eddie Cibrian and filling my DVR with anything he chooses to act in. (grrrr I hate ending sentences in a preposition)

No comments: