Wednesday, March 4, 2009

American Idol - 9 finalists and Wild Cards

Well, the third group of three finalists were picked to head to the top 12 of Season 8 of American Idol.

Lil Rounds, the awesome 23-year-old mom of three from Memphis; Scott MacIntyre, the blind dude who annoys the hell out of me - seriously, am I the only person who is totally creeped out by this guy? His face (and hair) are so oogy. I'm sure I'm going to hell for talking about a blind man's eyes but holy fawk that vacant stare he has weirds me out; and Jorge Nunez, the Puerto Rican guy who is I suppose sort of charming but annoying all the same. They join the other 6 finalists already chosen over the past couple of weeks: Kris Allen, Adam Lambert, Allison Iraheta, Danny Gokey, Alexis Grace and Michael Sarver. All 12 finalists will be known Thursday after the wild card round.

Cowell and the other 3 judges also chose the 8 folks that will compete tonight in the "Wild Card" round: Von Smith, Jasmine Murray, Ricky Braddy, Megan Corkrey, Tatiana Del Toro, Matt Giraud, Jesse Langseth and Anoop Desai.

I absolutely approve of Anoop, Ricky, and Matt getting another chance. But Tatiana? REALLY? Uggh. At least they didn't also pick Nathaniel. Now my man Anoop just has to bring it(!) and get into the finals.

I'm still not really sure how the wildcards are working. Is it like season 2 where the judges pick after the folks have performed? That would be nice. I don't trust America. But are the judges obligated to make it an even split with girls and guys like the past 5 seasons? That wouldn't make sense since the 9 finalist so far are mostly boys, but I don't know.

GO ANOOP!!!!!!!

No comments: