Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Thoughts on some of this week's TV premieres partie une

"Dancing With The Stars" - okay I didn't really watch either of the two-night season opener shows. Like for the past couple of seasons, this ABC juggernaut had 4 hours of programming devoted to 16 couples competing for the glitter disco ball trophy. The 8 men went first on Monday. I only got to see the two group dances for the guys at the end where 4 danced a salsa routine and the others danced the Viennese Waltz. Tom Delay (not John Ashcroft like I mistakenly thought) was SUPER creepy, and Donny Osmond and Aaron Carter were surprisingly good and both totally desperate for people to like them. Tuesday's was the girls' turn and I watched even less of them. I did get to see the ridiculously (emphasis on the ridiculous) great routine that my old boyfriend Dmitry Chaplin (from S2 of So You Think You Can Dance) choreographed for his partner, R&B singer Maya. I agreed with Len that the dance had very little to do with the Viennese Waltz; what with only 9 measures of dancing in hold, and the completely sheer and only buttoned at the navel shirt Dmitry was sporting. But whatever the routine was, it was beautiful.

"Bored To Death" - I couldn't love this show more if it gave me flowers and a million dollars. Seriously. Jason Schwartzman and Ted Danson are amazing. Galafanakis funny as usual like it's his full time job. Brilliant writing and pacing. I want this show to have 25 amazing seasons sharing the antics of Johnathan, George, and New York. LOVE

No comments: