Thursday, October 30, 2008

Obama-mania

Over the past several weeks/months, I have been cautiously optimistic about Barack Obama's chances of becoming our next President. But last night I've got to tell you that for the first time I finally got super excited about this election and potential outcome.

The Obama-mercial was the most well produced piece of I-don't-know-what that I've ever seen. I actually got chills CHILLS at least 5 times during the 30 minute piece. And then afterword his interview on "The Daily Show" was equally brilliant. So here I am, the world's worst cynic actually feeling hope. It's strange.

On the other hand, as Obama himself has said, Democrats have an uncanny ability of "snatching defeat from the jaws of victory", so I'm not going to feel completely fine until November 5.

No comments: