- The dance competitors will change partners every week and only one dancer will go home each week.
- The producers will form an "All-star dance pool" featuring dancers from seasons 1 - 6. These past faves will partner with the season 7 contestants.
- Each all-star is an expert in a particular genre of dance. So the contestants won't choose their genre out of a hat, it will be based on who they get as a partner that week.
- There supposedly won't be a "top 20" in season 7. But I don't know if that means that there's only 10 dancers in the competition this season? Also, will all-stars be voted off too?
- There will only be two dancers in the finale.
I love the idea of some of my past faves coming back to compete as the experts. I don't know if this means that past season vets will do the choreography as well? We know that dancers like Pasha, Dmitry, Travis, Benji and Artem are all choreographers and have even worked on routines for the show as such. But I would be really sad if I didn't get to see Sonya Tayeh, Mandy Moore, NappyTabs, Jean-Marc Genereaux, Shane Sparks or any of the other talented choreographers that have appeared and helped on the show.
Nigel says he will be revealing the list of all-stars in the weeks to come via Twitter (@dizzyfeet). Some of the people that I hope are included? Why of course I have an opinion.
- Pasha and/or Anya. Well really just Pasha. I would take Anya as well.
- Dmitry Chaplin. He's proven himself to be an amazing choreographer, and if the all-stars are going to have to choreograph their own routines every week, he's already comfortable doing this from his stints on Dancing With the Stars.
- Travis Wall. Duh. Also c'mon, he's grown into a PHENOMENAL choreographer.
- Can we get some Blake McGrath love up in here please y'all?!
- Season 6's Ellenore
- Broadway Evan from Season 5
- Season 4 winner Joshua Allen. I know from watching this season's Celebrity Fit Club that he's working as a choreographer now so he should be available.
- Artem Chigvintsev. Because I love him dearly.
I know my list is light on the ladies. I expect Season 3's Lauren to be chosen because she helps Tyce choreograph currently and Nigel loves her (even though I can't stand her). It also wouldn't surprise me to see Lacey Schwimmer in the mix, again because of her experience on DWtS.
Anyway, I'm excited to see how this whole thing progresses.