It's that time of year again! The month of December where my dvr(s) get filled to the brim with dozens of horrifyingly awesome, badly written/acted Christmas-themed TV movies. These films are like comforting baby food that I eat up (by the gallons) with a spoon.
Lifetime and the Hallmark Channel (and their movies-only sister channels) are the main culprits in inflicting these messes on the masses. ABC Family and AMC have their hands in there too.
Here's a list of just some of what I've consumed in the last week:
- A Dog Named Christmas
- Mistletoe Over Manhattan, starring the chick from "Battlestar Galactica"!!
- A Princess For Christmas, oog Roger Moore is NOT aging well.
- A Holiday Engagement
- Jingle All The Way, WARNING: This one was animated. And badly. I was expecting something so stupid.
- A Christmas Wedding Tail, Hmmm...a lot of movies this year focus on dogs.
- Lucky Christmas
- Flirting With Forty, Seriously. So good, guys. Heather Locklear at her finest cougar lady.
- Thomas Kinkade's Christmas Cottage, Hmm...Jared Padalecki is so damn hot.
I know this long list might seem crazy to most; I've wasted HOURS this week on this crap. But it makes me feel good. I still have at least 7 more movies on my Tivo. And that's not counting the dozen or more that are slated to record between now and the end of the year.