Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Diary of a snowed-in stir-crazy mad woman!



  • Woke up Xmas eve morning at like 4:30 AM to see that it had just started snowing...AGAIN. Went back to bed, praying that it would stop by the time I officially "woke up" at 6:30.

  • Alarm goes off, I can tell it's still snowing so I hit the snooze (4x) and try to convince myself that this latest snow is not real...just a dream (or nightmare).

  • 7:15 AM - finally get up to see what the damage is. It's extensive. The snow is accumulating rapidly; already another 2 inches added to the foot that's on the ground. I walk the dog in disbelief that this is f*cking Seattle not Minneapolis.

  • 7:45 AM - determine that I'm not going to be driving in to work today afterall. Another vacation day wasted. Commiserate with Robert over the phone about the crappiness of this weather. Robert is out of diet soda - the world may be coming to an end.

  • 8:15 AM - Finally get around to looking at the King County metro site regarding bus routes only to find out that all 4 buses around me have been suspended. FUCK! I'm totally stranded.

  • 8:30 AM - KING 5 meteorologist Rich Marriot is a damn liar! He says that Seattle is getting a mix of snow and rain and that it isn't really accumulating much and that it's more slush than snow, and that it's already stopped in the city. LIAR! I only live about 4 miles away from the KING 5 studio, what the hell is he looking at?! At my house it's SNOWING not raining. It's sticking; inches of snow piling up on the sidewalk I cleared last night.

  • 9:00 AM - I'm very concerned that I won't be able to get the snow chains on my tires. But I'm going to have to try - I need to be able to get around the city today and tomorrow. I can't believe this!

  • It's still SNOWING! These meteorologists better be right that it's going to change to rain later today. GAWDDAM IT!

No comments: