Friday, July 18, 2008

So You Think You Can Dance Round-up - top 10

This was definitely a bittersweet week for me SYTYCD-wise. On one hand, 3 of my all-time favorite dance performances in the history of this show were nominated for Emmys this week:
Outstanding Choreography
So You Think You Can Dance • Routine: Hummingbird and Flower / 'The Chairman's Waltz' • Wade Robson, Choreographer
So You Think You Can Dance • Routine: Transformers / 'Fuego' • Shane Sparks, Choreographer
So You Think You Can Dance • Routine: Table / 'Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This)' • Mandy Moore, Choreographer


On the other hand, one of my favorite male dancers from this season got eliminated. I knew that Gev wasn't going to win this competition. And there are definitely two other guys that I like better (Joshua and Twitch). So although I knew Gev's time was coming up, it was still a blow to see him leave because I absolutely adored the contemporary routine that he did with Chelsea this week.
Oh and speaking of the Emmy nominations, another travesty - Cat Deeley not being nominated for reality show host! I love me some Tom Bergeron so I don't begrudge his nom, but Seacrest the anti-Christ? F*cking Probst again? REALLY?

Anyway, in general this season of SYTYCD has not excited me that much. Maybe it's because the last two seasons, especially last year's, were so amazing. I don't know what it is, but there haven't been nearly as many stand-out performances for me this season. And the competition seems to be moving much quicker yet simultaneously dragging for me for some reason. Wednesday night I was like, "wow top 10 already", but at the same time I find myself wishing it was the final 4 already.

All I know is that Comfort better go home next week. I'm so over her!

No comments: